Monday, September 30, 2013

Turtles and Progress



I found this little piece of wonderfulness and love to see it every day.  Turtles being the universal symbol of perseverance even when things look hopeless.
I love the story of the Tortoise and the Hare...although I am not sure who I most resemble.  I love that the tortoise doesn't give up even though it looks as though the hare will have won before he even gets underway.  I love that he is undeterred by the taunting and bragging, but quietly and consistently works towards his end goal.  It is clear to me that it is a race for himself and not against anyone else or for anyone else.  To finish a task you set out to do is a great accomplishment indeed.

So here is to all of our turtle goals...the ones that seem to creep along centimeter by centimeter...just keep crawling.  Slow and Steady wins the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment