Monday, February 10, 2014

Smile when you fail for true effort is never a loss!

So I have this habit of just falling flat anytime I have the opportunity to do anything in front of a group.  For example, I love playing the violin.  I am not especially good at it but have a great love and passion for it all the same.  I practice and work on it and try to always do my best but my doubts in my own ability often overtake me in the moment of truth…the performance and I falter.  I usually beat myself up about it thinking if I had tried harder or worked more it would have been different.

I had an amazingly different experience this past weekend.  Did I fall flat?  YES…terribly but afterwards I felt a feeling of gratitude for the opportunity to try.  I think with continual embarrassment on my part I will improve my performance skills, but until then I am grateful to be able to play at all.

Keep reaching…

"Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing."
                  -Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


No comments:

Post a Comment