Wednesday, February 19, 2014

snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

Dancing and shoes are pretty much tops on my list of favorite things…so my happy thought today is a new pair of dancing shoes.  We had gone out to run errands, of which we only accomplished about half.   It was a gloriously beautiful sunny day, and wasn't really meant for getting much done anyway.  It was one of those days that feel like vacation even though it isn't.
 
We walked around downtown.  I was so happy feel the beautiful sunshine and walk about soaking it all in.  We stopped at this little dance shoe store.  There was a young girl getting her first pair of pointe shoes and I was transported while watching the process.  It seemed so magical and I remembered my own thrill of receiving pointe shoes at similar age.  

We noticed the store was closing out most of their Capezio ballroom shoes.  The store manager brought me every shoe in my size from the closeout selection.  After much deliberation, these beauties are mine.

Time to go out dancing!


1 comment:

  1. I have the following quote from one of my posts on my wall: "Life can't touch you when you dance because at that moment you are life itself."

    ReplyDelete